If I can make someone smile or perhaps get a smile on MY face when I open my mailbox (which not one day goes by that I don't HOPE to find something FUN popping out of my mailbox) then I think I've done my job and tried to make the world is a BETTER place by making just one person happy! Addresses are sometimes altered for protection so the overall visual of the envelope may or may not be the way it was.

Monday, June 24, 2013

More July Birthdays!

I surely had fun creating this card with my hand marbled card....
I found a coordinating envelope which had the same colors in my stash, too!

I used some of the scraps from the paper I marbled and adhered them onto the envelope...
I altered view for security purposes of address.... For the lettering, I used my trusty 'ol
Parallel pen which if you have a color cartridge inside of it... you can add another color
and they blend together so well. 


My Aunt Lulu's birthday falls on the FOURTH of JULY every year!
She used to think all the hoop la was for her when she was a little girl!

More hand marbled paper ... creating another birthday card....

Using some of the Barbi Close techniques... I made an envelope and
card to match using little "tiles" created from scribbling black marks
onto some watercolor paper and spraying with water... and adding a little watercolor

The greatest learning curve or "nuance" to this technique, which
I have done in the past, was when Barbi clued us in on how to
make the little squares look more "defined".  She used a rubber
stamp bad to put black on all four sides of the squares. WOW! POP!

One of the sayings inside of a JULY Birthday card! 
Hope you've enjoyed this as much as I did making them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment