If I can make someone smile or perhaps get a smile on MY face when I open my mailbox (which not one day goes by that I don't HOPE to find something FUN popping out of my mailbox) then I think I've done my job and tried to make the world is a BETTER place by making just one person happy! Addresses are sometimes altered for protection so the overall visual of the envelope may or may not be the way it was.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I think I created a monster!


I've wanted to start a blog of envelopes for a long, long time... as I feel that an envelope is just a tiny masterpiece which needs to be created!.  It it what it is!  It's spontaneous, it's less intimidating than an actual exhibit piece, it's an expression which one may use without TOO much thought and preparation...well, some people I guess, and most of all it's FUN getting something other than bills and business items in your mailbox.  If I can make someone smile or perhaps get a smile on MY face when I open my mailbox (which not one day goes by that I don't EXPECT something FUN to pop out of my mailbox) then I think I've done my job and tried to make the world is a BETTER place by making just one person happy!  My sister visited recently and commented on how often I get envelopes/letter which look as though I sent something to myself... I had to laugh out loud!  That's because I have so many great, talented and inspirational people who are calligraphers or artists which also get the same high by sending me something as I do them!  Do yourself and another a favor... send them something FUN in the mail today!  So what you don't know how to do Copperplate or Italic... just using colored pens, markers, glitter, stickers and stick/monoline letters filled in can brighten someone's day!  It does mine, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment