If I can make someone smile or perhaps get a smile on MY face when I open my mailbox (which not one day goes by that I don't HOPE to find something FUN popping out of my mailbox) then I think I've done my job and tried to make the world is a BETTER place by making just one person happy! Addresses are sometimes altered for protection so the overall visual of the envelope may or may not be the way it was.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

More Paste Paper and recipe







Traditionally, I have always used Arches Text Wove for paste paper,
but I wanted to see what would happen if I used BLACK paper as
the starter color. I used Strathmore Artagain Black and it did
amazing.  I did notice that when I sponged it to get it all wet
that a lot of BlACK came off on the sponge. It didn't seem to
make much difference, though!

Another with black background


This was a technique that I learned from Victoria Pittman.
You actually squeeze out the full bodied acrylic paint from the
tube so it is standing up on the paper... then, you take a
texturing tool and make the swirls/marks.  Let it dry OVERNIGHT
and then iron on FOIL. It will only stick to the raised parts.
Yes.. be sure to use paper under and over it so that the foil
doesn't stick to the iron.

Here is a "lousy" shot of the gold that is adhering to
the acrylic paint that was raised

Here is Elena... creating her piece on some Canvas
Board she brought to try out


Close up shot of the "raised" acrylic and gold in some spots

Juanda... in creation mode....

No comments:

Post a Comment