If I can make someone smile or perhaps get a smile on MY face when I open my mailbox (which not one day goes by that I don't HOPE to find something FUN popping out of my mailbox) then I think I've done my job and tried to make the world is a BETTER place by making just one person happy! Addresses are sometimes altered for protection so the overall visual of the envelope may or may not be the way it was.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Play Date at Shirley's

Here is a great way to make quick paper backgrounds....

You take any water soluble markers and on freezer paper you
"scribble" or lay down some colors....

The more colors you have the more bright and colorful it will be
Here is Shirley... demonstrating...

So, here, we are done scribbling the "design" which will all meld together

Spritz with a spray bottle of water

All the colors bleed into each other
Then take a piece of cardstock or whatever paper you want to use
Lay it down on top of the blended inks

Quickly lift off and this is what you get... This was
THE FIRST mono print...

This was what happened after laying down another sheet of paper when
much of the color had already been picked up!
How simple and COOL is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment