If I can make someone smile or perhaps get a smile on MY face when I open my mailbox (which not one day goes by that I don't HOPE to find something FUN popping out of my mailbox) then I think I've done my job and tried to make the world is a BETTER place by making just one person happy! Addresses are sometimes altered for protection so the overall visual of the envelope may or may not be the way it was.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Paste Paper at Shirley's

Shirley's studio is "to die for"... it's HUGE with EVERYTHING you
could ever imagine wanting or needing AT YOUR FINGERTIPS! 
It's full of light, overlooks the beautiful backyard and has one of the
cutest dogs, Rustle, who lives there *(a dachshund, of course)*
(This is one of my BEST Bud's, Sandy! I love her to pieces).
The backgrounds I was concentrating on were more for pieces which
I will be creating in the near future and for the CCS exhibit in the Fall
Therefore.....


I tended to keep this session less textured and crazy with a lot of space
to choose to write WORDS in !
This one, in particular was very bright before I did a
light layer of "tan" Titan Buff... I still might have to subdue it a
little bit more to get the effect I was intending

Another that I put a wash of titan buff over

I love these colors... I used black and white to get this luminous gray...

These colors were SO bright .. right out of the bottle and I had to
really tone them down a lot

I see some cropping potential here...

This was just plain fun.... using the bands that go around your
Starbucks coffee cups.  The inside of them is like corrugated
cardboard and really are fun to work with... SAVE Everything!
You never know if you can use it in making Paste Paper...
Forks, chopsticks, combs, coffee stirrers, cup holders....etc.

This one, Shirley use a cardboard box which had some
really cool, ladder looking texture potential but it didn't
turn out like thought it would.. .Happy accidents!

Depending on what you plan to use these background for
will determine how "BUSY you get with them...
If you're making a book or cards, the more texture the
better... but if you are making something to write
Calligraphic words on that will be the primary focal point
it's better to keep it calmer.

Sandy created this one. I really like the colors.. can't remember what tool she used.

I was really experiments with different layers on this and am not sure I
like it all that much, but it is growing on me.. I'm sure I can crop SOMETHING from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment